Saturday, May 30, 2015

How Long Your Beauty Stash is Safe?

Hi!

So recently I bought a Japanese cosmetics product (not a drugstore product btw). When I turn around the packaging I was panic because I can't find either the manufacturing date nor the expiry date. It was purchased online and I was so afraid I might not being sent a decent product I deserved.




It was quite easy to know the manufacturing or expiry date of Western brand and Korean brand. It usually printed on the outside packaging or on top of the tube. So you can easily count down the PAO of a product. 

After a little research (ahem) I found this website (click here) where we can check the production date of a batch from various brand. Even more, it helps us providing calculation on how many months left of its shelf life! This one obviously useful for products we haven't opened yet. For the ones already opened? Well, not much! Sowrryy! 

The website looks like this.


On the left bar side there are 3 bars. 
You can choose the brand at the first bar, just scroll it down. Not all brand available though. 
For quick brand search you can simply type it on the second bar. 
It's up to you.

The last bar is the one you type code printed on the packaging. It may be confusing if the code printed by the manufacturer isn't the only one. Below is the example of NYX code.



Above the barcode of NYX eyeshadow there are two codes: product code (GS07) and on the right (DA13) is the batch code. Same case with the lipstick, there are product code (LSS628) and batch code (DA62).

Although you can't see it clearly on the picture, but actually there is a code on the SuperFAT Eye marker says GA63.

I tested one of it and here is the result.

Based on this website, my lipstick only valid for 1 month IF it hasn't been opened yet! :(

For addition, I think it's best to access this website from desktop. I tried to calculate my cosmetics using this with mobile website but always get error results. I switch to desktop version from my mobile and it works completely fine. I guess the mobile version isn't updated or something :(

So basically this website provide a very useful information and it would be a waste not to spread it out. Me too have been at ease after checking my new Japanese cosmetics is still safe for use after all! 

Have you check yours? Go go go check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment