Friday, June 5, 2015

[Review] Himalaya Oil Control Lemon Foaming Face Wash

Hello!

After I posted about May Haul, I decided to review facial foam I bought which is
Himalaya Oil Control Lemon Foaming Face Wash.

I've been changing my facial foam for a couple years, and for the last few years was like nothing can handle my face well. Ever tried various brands, in various form but none of them significantly and consistently improve my skin condition. I've suffered troubled skin with pimples come and (sometimes) go.
Most of them must find my face feels like home *crying*

So in my way of (hopelessly) finding the "one" I somehow see this -written on it paraben-&-SLS-free- product, only one left on the rack. I was looking for a gentle cleanser, and preferably in bubble foam form. When I saw this I remember I thought, "what is this, I've never heard about it but seems like it is popular!"



The bubble foam form, checked! How about the gentle ingredients?
Turned the bottle, start reading the ingredients. Kayak ngerti aja XD



What it does:
Himalaya Oil Control Lemon Foaming Face Wash is a soap-free, herbal formulation that gently cleanses your face and removes excess oil. Blended with Lemon, an astringent and cooling agent, and Honey, which has natural, deep cleansing properties, the face wash leaves your skin clean without feeling dry and stretched.

Packaging:
Plastic bottle with pump and cap. Sturdy, but not really travel friendly.

Texture:
Liquid in bottle, pump it on hand the texture turned to bubble foam. I like this kind of cleanser! No wasting time and effort rubbing it on hand. Cocok buat yang malas kayak aku XD
It smells like fresh lemon and something, I can't really tell what it is, but it's nice.

Ingredients:
This product claim to be soap-free, paraben free. It may vary with the other same brand's products.

   
 Key ingredients:
  • Lemon has an overall soothing and astringent effect. The citric acid present in Lemon lightens and softens your skin. It also helps fade freckles and age spots and eliminates blackheads. Lemon removes grime and dirt and leaves your skin feeling supple and smooth.

  • Honey is very beneficial for skin as it attracts water to maintain moisture as well as providing nourishment to the skin. It is also a natural antiseptic as it contains antimicrobial agents that kill bacteria.

My Experience
I've been using it for about 4-6 weeks. I'd say I see positive effects on my face. My little pimples are gone, or at least turned tinier. I had the bigger one, red and bumpy and well it is getting smaller and smaller until it's flat now, only reddish acne marks left.

Still, little pimples sometimes bump out though. To be fair, I'm currently use other new face products. So it's more likely my face reacting to other products.

My skin feels more supple and not dry. I notice my face temporarily brighter right after I wash my face with this, but the reduce redness/spots effect I hardly can tell the difference in 4-6 weeks or so. Can't expect too much though, since it isn't a special skincare targeted to do so.

I can say this kind of cleanser runs out faster than the other type (cream foam, gel, bar).

Rating:
5/5

In Jakarta you can find the products at drug stores (e.g. Watsons), mini markets and supermarkets. I saw Carrefour sells more variative Himalaya products such as facial care, lip care, creams and toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment