Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Review: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips


I finally join the hype! :D
This year is dominated by matte liquid lipstick that really put me in dilemma.
Many times I feel this is enough, I'm sick of liquid lipstick, but on the other hand, 
I couldn't resist myself from trying and buying more and more.
There is so much brands (called as awesome by beauty gurus), 
so much pretty colours and shades. 
I just can't.....
So, here is my new liquid lipstick: Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips.





I decided not to try the Ultra Matte, dead matte is not really my style.
I still like my lips to look like lips, healthy lips, with bit sheen while it is actually lipstick!
The shades I pick are Alyssa and Echo Park.
I originally can't decide between both and November and Frick n Frack.
They are so beautiful.
Finally I decide to buy the two to try.

Both are nude shades, Alyssa is more pinkish undertone, while echo park is more brown.
FYI, shade Alyssa (with two other shades) is collaboration between Colourpop and Kathleen Lights, a favourite Youtuber of mine.

The swatches:

Top: without flash/Bottom: with flash

Aren't they beautiful?

The applicator is not too big, with slightly pointy on a side.
It picks quite a lot product, though.
For me, I find it too much for my lips. 
I prefer to swatch it on my hand first and apply it with lip brush or hand for more controlled amount.



At first, they feel creamy and will dry later on.
It takes a while to dry, depends on how thick you apply it.
I would say, a few minutes.

They are long wearing, but still does transfer.
And obviously it is not oily-food-proof.
It will fade throughout the day, but still sit on lips beautifully.
Re-apply may be necessary.

Conclusion:
I really like it. Shades are beautiful. It did not drying my lips, and comfortable to wear.
Staying power is good enough for me, it didn't crack or accentuate the fine lines.
Although maybe some people would prefer dead matte that won't be budge by any food or drinks
(is it lipstick or a wall paint?).
For the price, I don't think it is really cheap (I bought it from local online store in Indonesia),
but definitely not pricey. I guess the price is just right for the product you'll get.
Love 


Rating:
4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment